Fors Marsh Group LLC (FMG) is an applied research firm located in Arlington, VA. Our primary mission is to leverage insights from the social sciences to enhance decision making around communication, market research, and human resource management. As a thriving small business, we are committed to providing growth opportunities to our employees and challenging them to provide the best possible research for our clients.
Fors Marsh Group is currently looking for a self-motivated individual for a full-time position as a PMO Project Analyst in a demanding and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have experience working in project management, as well as excellent organizational and communication skills. The PMO Project Analyst will work with Project Managers across the organization and report to the Project Management Office (PMO) Manager. You will be responsible for enterprise resource capacity planning and management, project execution standardization across the organization, as well as creation and maintenance of enterprise knowledge management systems.
- Read and interpret government contracts to build project schedules and resource plans across a variety of project scopes.
- Enter project schedules and resource plans into Microsoft Project® and maintain schedules and resource plans throughout project lifecycles.
- Provides analytical support and reporting to the PMO Manager and Project Managers.
- Responsible for knowledge of current status of all projects and resource plans across the organization and ensuring project plans and project status reports are communicated to all Project Managers as well as the PMO Manager.
- Monitor projects against baseline timelines and budgets and ensures deliverables are tracked against time, costs, and resource allocations.
- Develops and tracks project schedule and cost performance criteria and goals to report variance of planned and actuals to Project Managers and PMO Manager.
- Monitors enterprise project reports to identify risks and issues with resource plans.
- Maintains associated company policy, process, and procedures documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience.
- Knowledge of federal government contracts.
- Experience using Microsoft Project® required.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and planning/organization skills.
- Ability to meet and work effectively with co-workers and program managers of all levels
- Experience managing research projects a plus.
- Applicant must be able to pass extensive background checks to work with sensitive data.
- A highly collegial and intellectually stimulating work environment
- Growth opportunities.
- A company culture promoting work/life balance.
- A collaborative and engaging small business environment where staff are self-motivated and enthusiastic about their field of study.